A review for old friends, and orientation for new!
IT'S WEDNESDAY!! The unequivocal BEST day to live in Clarion, because Wednesdays are the day we re-stock the Beef Barn with all of your favorite cuts.
We're honored to have an influx of new followers who're interested in this bustling farm community we call home. If you're new, welcome! We think you'll love being a part of the family as much as we do.
Let's go over a few details to make sure old friends and new fans alike are on the same page (this is a little lengthy, but worth the read):
- Our beef is the real deal. Every steak, roast, and pound of ground was raised on our farm by our family. This reality means our inventory comes from a steer, not from a refrigerated lineup of tractor trailers. Thus, you'll notice an ebb and flow in available cuts.
- The Beef Barn, our on-farm store, is open TUESDAY - SATURDAY from 10-5 year-round. Lots of people arrive early on Tuesday; you'll find ground beef, beef sticks, and a selection of roasts, and possibly a steak or two on Tuesday morning. If you're seeking a full selection of fresh-cut beef, Tuesday is too early, because Wednesday is re-stock day. Don't be discouraged by this reality; simply adjust your shopping schedule around this small-farm rhythm.
- Those who show up early Wednesday (TODAY!) will find nearly everything they could hope for. Wednesday is restock day. Did I say that? Oh, I did.
- There are weeks we will not have specific cuts of beef, due to the aforementioned fact that we're drawing inventory from steers and not trucks. This week, for example, a need for filet and New York Strip steaks eliminated T-bone and Porterhouse steaks from the lineup. We get one or the other, not both. You know, because it's real. Be aware of this nuance and remember, just because it's not here this week doesn't mean it won't be here next week. Fortunately, the absence of one cut will reveal the addition of another, so we're confident you'll be able to find a viable and delicious alternative.
- Beef sells out quickly. If you wait until Saturday afternoon to do your steak shopping, you may be disappointed. This is the unfortunate reality of a finite supply. The closer you are to Wednesday shopping, the better your odds of finding what you want.
- We believe fully in local commerce, and in the reality that no talent stands alone. Therefore, you'll notice that a number of independent businesses are aggregated on our farm. This enhances our community of commerce and increases your shopping experience.
Today Little Sprouts Produce has fresh tomatoes, summer squash, potatoes, carrots, peppers, garlic, and other veggies available that will tremendously enhance your BEEF.
Farmhouse Flowers has beautiful bouquets of fresh-cut flowers available for $5. They'll make your home look homey and your loved ones feel special.
Finally, if you want to show off your commitment to this wonderful county of Clarion, we have a selection of merchandise that makes a statement. Clarion Farms hats are available today for $28, and a new shipment of shirts is on the way. Keep an eye out for new designs that are currently in the pipeline. Oh, it's Ty Kepler behind this initiative, too. Want to harness his talents for yourself? Check out Ty Kepler Photography.
Whew. Did your eyeballs fall out from so much reading? Good - that means there's something happening here. Give your eyes a break and come shop at the Beef Barn today!